Wednesday, March 24, 2010

John Cameron. 03/24/10. Idea/Concept Blog

So Spring Break came at a bad time for me, as it may have for everyone else. So I was a little bit worried about my plan to capture a season long story with a high school baseball team. But my teacher gave me some good advice as always, and advised me that I did not need to be around for the whole season to capture a story. He still wants me to get closer to the team. Like getting access to the dugout, or a bus ride to an away game for example. I am going to try and do this, but first, I am going to shoot a few of high school baseball games of one high school. I can show the coach and players my images, and hopefully they will let me in from this.
"Deep Thoughts" - Digital Photograph. March 2010 - By John Cameron
"Dugout Laughs" - Digital Photograph. March 2010 - By John Cameron
"Good Catch" - Digital Photograph. March 2010 - By John Cameron
So I went home for Spring Break and I shot a few high school baseball games. I did it to get some experience. It was fun, and I learned a lot. But my teacher wants me to get in closer. To prove to him that I was able to get access, and to get the up close and personal shots. I'm looking at getting a press pass, so I can get in the dugout, or on the bus ride and hopefully this will let me get some good shots. My teacher also mentioned that I should show everything if I can get this access. If a player cuts his leg from diving to a base, then I should capture that in a photograph and then relate it to emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment