Wednesday, March 31, 2010

John Cameron 03-31-10. Idea/Concept blog.

So last Thursday, I went and shot a baseball game for the local high school here in my college town. I chose a school that I have been following over the past few weeks, and I'm going to stick with them for the rest of the semester. They have a game tomorrow, that I can catch, so I will have more to show next week as well. But I am trying to get in closer still. But I have to find the right time to do it. I think it is going to be around April 14th. So last week, I focused on all kinds of things. My teacher advised me to have a list to go by. Such as getting the field, subjects in different areas of the photograph, shooting in different areas etc.
"Double Play" - Digital Photograph - March 2010, By John Cameron
"Dugout laughs" - Digital Photograph - March 2010, By John Cameron
"Safe Slide" - Digital Photograph - March 2010, By John Cameron
"Decision Time" - Digital Photograph - March 2010, By John Cameron
"Hyman Field" - Digital Photograph - March 2010, By John Cameron
I liked what I got, but in order for me to really impress my teacher. I have to get on a bus with the team or in the dugout. This will prove to him that I can get access, if I need it for something important. When I get out of college, I may get similar situations like this. Where I need to ask to get into places where people should not be (like a photographer in a dugout). There is a game tomorrow once again, and I'm going to try and shoot that, to capture emotion, and also different environments. The team I follow is playing away tomorrow, and I look forward to the new environment that I will face. Maybe I can get in a little closure to the dugout. We will wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment