Sunday, February 7, 2010

John Cameron. 02-07-10 Artist Jed Jacobsohn

Well, it's a Sunday night, the Superbowl has just finished and I need to find an artist that I like. What a better way to find an artist, other than finding the photographer that gets the shot that pops up on Sports Illustrated's website minutes after the victory. I'm a senior in college, and I want to be a big time sports photographer. I want to be like the person that captures the game winning moment in a competitive sports match.
Saints win Superbowl, Jed Jacobsohn, Digital Photograph, February 2010
I'm suppose to look at artists that influence me and how I want to take photographs that are similar to their style, but I find this approach fairly close. I want to capture the huge moments in a game. I don't want to get distracted and miss the moment. The Superbowl just ended, and a interception was made by the New Orleans Saints to seal the 44th Superbowl victory. Jed Jacobsohn caught the important moment.
U.S. Olympic Swim Team Media Day, Dana Torres - July 2008 by Jed Jacobsohn
Other than being at important sporting events like the Superbowl, Jacobsohn has the honor of taking photographs of famous athletes. He gets to get up close and personal with these stars, and take photographs of them that will be cherished forever. As much as these stars may think that it may just be another photographer, when the photograph is blown up and printed in their mansion, it's considered a pretty good photo. This is what I want to do and this is what Jacobsohn has the honor of doing as a professional photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment