Wednesday, February 3, 2010

John Cameron. 02/03/10. Idea/Concept Blog

So we've been back at school for a few weeks now, and it's given me time to rethink a little bit about my concept for this senior portfolio class. Last semester, I liked my conceptual idea of showing what I see as a student athlete in college. But for now, I want to expand on this idea in the battle between sports and how they are accepted in art school. I feel as though sports are pushed aside in my photography program, and that they are forgotten. I have always wanted to be a sports photographer, and I'm not going to let anything stop me.

I'm going to keep the same idea as last semester, by showing how I experience situations in college. For example, I may have a photograph of an athlete looking like he/she is struggling, and that he/she does not want to go on. But at the same time, show that they aren't giving up.
Finish the Job - John Cameron, 20"x30" January 2010, Digital Photograph

So this is an image where the tennis player is walking back to serve after a break. He looks like he's tired and ready to call it quits, but he continues to play on and finish the job. This semester, I'm also going to try and focus on colors a little bit, and make them complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment