Wednesday, November 11, 2009

John Cameron. 11/11/09. Idea/Concept Blog

This week, I have come up with the idea of getting outside and shooting on location once again. So far I've got 3 studio images, and one location image. So I want to even it up a little. I plan to get two more ideas to shoot for Friday. But I am concerned with weather as it has been raining for 2 days straight, and it's scheduled to continue. I shoot on Fridays for this assignment, so I may have to think of another few ideas for the studio, if need be.
Broken. Digital Photograph, 20"x30" 2009 by John Cameron
From last week, I took a photograph of an athlete showing injury. I really wanted to focus on the expression on the face, and the wallet. I am happy with how it turned out. His expression shows that he isn't acting and that he is thinking hard about his concern.

But for this week, I intend to get a team-mate near a basketball court. My friend plays rugby now, but I want to show how Basketball is still in his heart. My friend played basketball at his High School and he talks about how he misses it, and how hard the practices were. My idea is to do a basic portrait shot. I want to have him sitting on a bench, and have the hoop in the background. I want to show him in his current part of life. He has a dog and he's in college with mother who is very ill with cancer. This guy is one of the nicest guys around and I feel as though a photograph of him during this time in life, will be appreciated by him very much. So I want to have him sitting, with his dog, with athletic clothes on. I want him to look up into the sky, in an act of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment