Wednesday, November 25, 2009

John Cameron. 11/25/09. Idea/Concept Blog

So this week I have the aid of some ideas by having a meeting with my teacher Tom. I have been thinking a lot over the past few weeks about concepts, and ideas. But not about the artistic styles of photography. In relation to colors complimenting each other and other stuff like that. A few years ago, I used to take other art foundation classes, and I remember that i would always try to use colors that compliment each other, because I always thought that it made the piece of work look correct and better (Like an orange shirt with a blue sky).
Photo shoot of Dustin Snipes. Photographing High School Basketball athletes. 2009
I'm going to look into doing stuff like this for my next couple of images, but I tried a shoot yesterday where I inserted myself in the photograph. For some of my previous classes, I would do an assignment or portfolio, and then insert myself at the end, to show where I stand and how I am at the time of the assignment. So I intend to do this to this class. Over the semester, I have been looking at numerous artists, and also blogs. A lot of artists like to show their photo shoots, and how they set up the shot. So I want to do this, but make it a nice photograph. Insert myself in the image, of taking a photograph of someone. But i'll give it nice lighting and so on. I tried it out yesterday, but the whole shoot just didn't work out. My court that I wanted to shoot at was in use, it was raining, and I didn't have model. But here is what I tried out.
Self Portrait, Digital Photograph, 2009, 13"x19" - by John Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment